Tips for Family Caregivers in Miami FL
Home Care business owners and administrators have interacted with countless caregivers and their loved ones, and many of them have their own personal caregiving stories. So who better to give a few quick pieces of advice? This week we talked to Nercy Radcliffe, CEO of Providence Healthcare Services in Miami, FL.
What are your top 3 pieces of advice for a family caregiver?
1. Encourage patients to keep all physician appointments to maintain proper medication safety and reconciliation.
2. Communicate all changes and prominent information to the Home Health Agency’s clinical personnel in a timely manner.
3. Keep a safe environment to prevent falls or any other type of injury.
What made you want to get into the home care industry?
My interest in home healthcare was sparked by my experience with aging grandparents that were cared for in vastly different manners, at home and in numerous post-acute facilities. After fifteen years in successive management and marketing positions in the corporate environment I transitioned to the home care industry and pledged to build a reputable organization committed to excellence and integrity.
Latest posts by Melanie Foehrweiser (see all)
- South Florida Home Care Expert Shares Tips for Family Caregivers - October 21, 2016
- South Florida Home Care Expert Shares Tips for Family Caregivers - October 7, 2016
- South Florida Home Care Expert Shares Tips for Family Caregivers - September 30, 2016